Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Here's to today!

I have been dealing with issues,health or family wise, all my life. It's one of my many reasons why I am such a strong optimistic person, because I have to be. My family and friends need me to be. At a young age I threw myself into books to get away from my life. I loved to read fantasy books. I would stay up till all hours of the night reading, even if I had school or had to get up early.

I still read all the time. I have this app on my phone for Wattpad because books are so damn expensive these days and I am usually broke. No money usually and what I do have goes to yarn or gas. So that's how I fall asleep at night reading on my phone. Sometimes I drop it on my face, which is when I know its time for bed.

I've wanted to be a writer for most of my life. I have this amazing story inside of me but I am too afraid to let it out. I don't want to be a disappointment to my family, well the ones I still talk too. Every time I start a story is stop which is one of the reasons why I loved writing poetry, it can be ended whenever. It doesn't have to be more then a page, heck it doesn't have to be more then a paragraph if you so decided. It can be short and sweet and to the point without all that extra stuff.

Then I decided I wanted to be a baker because I loved making things and I love to see peoples faces and how they light up when they eat my bread, cookies or cake/brownies otherwise known as crownies lol. I decided against that, while I love to bake it wasn't something I could see myself doing long term especially with my allergies.

FYI: I'm allergic to citrus fruits including oranges,lemons, limes, and grapefruits. I also happen to be allergic to milk and my most recent development is strawberries. I cried when I found out I was allergic to them. I love Strawberries.

So after writing and baking failed I decided that I was going to pick up crocheting again in order to make some extra cash during Christmas, lets just say that that worked way better then I thought it would. I then decided that while I was going to keep doing side jobs, like helping my aunt, my grandma and cleaning an elderly ladys house, that I was going to try and make a crochet business work.

 I love making new things and the smiles on peoples faces when they see the item(s) they ordered or bought.

Speaking of which:

 The bonnet is done in light pink and white. It has a popcorn stitch with the white yarn. 
Price: $15.00

These booties match the baby bonnet with the colors. Size: 6- 12 months.
Price: $ 12.00


Cell phone cozy Green, black, and grey shimmer yarn. It has a grey ribbon to do a drawstring tie with the top of the cozy. 
Price: $8.00

Well I think that is all today. one of my longest posts so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment