Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Goodnight post

Well it has come to the end of the day and now it is time for my update. I have finished the girls baby bonnet I have been working on. I also have the matching baby booties almost completed all they need are flowers and a button sewn on. I'm excited to seem them finished! 
I have tried this pattern Cuffed baby booty before, now while I liked the pattern over all and liked the way they turned out I had an issue. 

You cant really tell in these photos but if you were to pick up the booty and turn it over you would see a dip in the heel of it where the pattern didn't just seem to flow right. I pulled and reworked the pattern a couple of times to see if I was doing it wrong. I even restarted the whole piece.
It wasn't until I watched the video tutorial this time around that I figured out what was wrong. The pattern was missing a stitch in the second round which kept pulling me up short. I also noticed that the count was off on my piece, that was because she didn't note that she switched from working in the slip stitch to working in the actual last stitch of the row. 
So I'm proud to say that the pattern worked this time around, after I watched the video to see where I kept messing up at I was able to make both pieces work right. They turned out much better on the bottom of the sole. 
So my advice, if working from a pattern make sure you read through it carefully once or twice before you start. If there is a video watch that too. Read the comments and see if they had any issues and how they were fixed. 
Don't pull an Erin. 

Now on to something more exciting (yay!) haha! Like sorting photo albums and repricing items is any fun. (I don't find it to be too much fun when you have let it slide). I would rather be crocheting. lol. Anywhoodles while I was doing this my mom messaged me and asked me why I was working on my photo albums when my work day is supposed to be over and I'm supposed to be relaxing. 
This, writing and organizing to me is relaxing. I like to crochet during the day while Rusty is at work so I don't lose track of where I am or get Interrupted too much. Besides at night time I like to go on the computer and organize. That's when my brain can function better at these things. Or early in the morning when I don't have the weight of the world on my shoulders and I need crochet to keep me busy. 
I think I have typed your eyes off by now so this is my good night and promise to write you tomorrow. 
Sweet dream my lovelies. 
-Erin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment